Dr. Heaton lived around the country growing up with a father in the military. Thereafter, he settled in Lafayette, IN for high school where he graduated in 1991. He then attended Purdue University for his undergraduate degree where he graduated Magna Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy in 1996. While in college, he worked extensively as a research assistant in the pharmaceutical sciences. After college, Dr. Heaton worked part-time as a pharmacist while completing his medical education at Indiana University School of Medicine in 2000 graduating with honors. After graduation, he moved on to Cincinnati Children’s Hospital for his pediatric residency. Upon completion of the residency program, Dr. Heaton joined ESD Pediatric Group. Currently he serves as a Vice President and the Medical Director for the practice.
Dr. Heaton is board certified in pediatrics and a Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics. His current interests include physician resident teaching and the care of various chronic diseases including asthma.
Dr. Heaton is married to wife Dawn and they have three children, Kyle, Kelsey, and Blake. He resides in Symmes Township. In his spare time, Dr. Heaton enjoys most sporting activities, computers, and time with family and friends.
Other Experience and Responsibilities
- Board Member, Ohio Valley Primary Care Associates, 2006-present
- Board Member, Tri-State PHO, 2008-present
- athenahealth Pediatric Advisory Group 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- athenahealth Maven Program 2015, 2016
- Cincinnati Family Magazine Favorite Doc 2013-present
- ESD Pediatric Group Medical Director
- MedStatix “Top Performer”