The pediatricians in the ESD Pediatric Group have a schedule of recommended vaccines that they follow for all of their patients.
Any family seeking to delay vaccines or follow an alternate schedule should discuss this directly with the physician and will be asked to sign our vaccine refusal form.
|1mo||HBV #2 (assuming #1 was given in hospital)|
|2mo||Pentacel #1 (combination vaccine or if done individually DTAP #1 ,IPV #1 , and HIB #1 ), Prevnar #1 , and Rotateq #1|
|4mo||Pentacel #2 (combination vaccine or if done individually DTAP #2 ,IPV #2 , andHib #2 ), Prevnar #2and Rotateq #2|
|6mo||Pentacel #3 (combination vaccine or if done individually DTaP#3, IPV#3, and Hib#3), Prevnar#3, and Rotateq#3. The influenza vaccine is recommended starting at age 6 months (will need 2 doses separated by one month in the first year given) and then annually thereafter during the flu season.|
|12mo||Prevnar#4, Varicella#1, HAV #1 and screenings: hemoglobin (anemia) check and possible lead level (lead level performed at 12mo and 24mo visits for at-risk patients)|
|18mo||Pentacel #4 (combination vaccine or if done individually DTaP#4 and IPV#3) and HAV #2|
|4yr||MMR#2, Quadracel (combination vaccine or if done indivdually DTaP#5, IPV#4) and Varicella#2|
|11yr||Tdap (Tetanus Booster), MENACTRA #1, Gardasil (Human Papilloma Virus Vaccine) (2 doses separated by at least 6 months if done before age 15, 3 doses if 15 or older), and a lipid check|
|16yr||MENACTRA#2 and a lipid check|
For information on individual vaccines from the CDC, go to the Centers for Disease Control website or click on the individual vaccine name above.
To view the AAP (American Academy of Pediatrics) recommendations for immunizations and descriptions of the vaccines, click here.
- HBV Hepatitis B Vaccine
- DTaP Daptacel, Diptheria, Tetanus, acellular Pertussis vaccine
- IPV Inactivated Polio Vaccine
- Hib Haemophilus influenza type B vaccine
- Prevnar Conjugate Pneumococcal vaccine (7-valent)
- Varicella Chicken Pox vaccine
- MMR Measles, Mumps, & Rubella vaccine
- Tdap Adacel, Tetanus booster with acellular Pertussis
- MENACTRA Conjugated Meningococcal vaccine (Meningococcal meningitis)
- HAV Hepatitis A Vaccine
- Rotateq Oral Rotavirus Vaccine
- Gardasil HPV vaccine (Human Papilloma Virus / Cervical Cancer)
- Pentacel Diphtheria and Tetanus Toxoids and Acellular Pertussis Adsorbed, Inactivated Poliovirus and Haemophilus b Conjugate (Tetanus Toxoid Conjugate) Vaccine For children 6 weeks through 4 years of age [prior to fifth birthday]
- Quadracel Diphtheria and Tetanus Toxoids and Acellular Pertussis Adsorbed and Inactivated Poliovirus Vaccine (DTaP-IPV) For children 4 through 6 years of age
Click http://www.aap.org/family/parents/immunize.htm to see the most current vaccine recommendations from the AAP and the CDC.