Health Info at ESD Pediatric Group in Norwood/Hyde Park and Milford OH
General Health Information and Child Development
- AAP Healthy Children
- The American Academy of Pediatrics website for parents. HealthyChildren.org is the only parenting website backed by 64,000 pediatricians committed to the attainment of optimal physical, mental, and social health and well-being for all infants, children, adolescents, and young adults.
- The American Academy of Pediatrics main site.
- Zero To Three
- From the National Center for Infants, Toddlers and Families, Zero to Three is a national nonprofit organization that provides parents, professionals and policymakers the knowledge and the know-how to nurture early development.
- Child Development Info
- A site for parents with content related to child development, psychology, health, parenting, learning, media, entertainment, and family activities.
- Information about health, behavior, and development from before birth through the teen years.
- Young Women’s Health
- The Center for Young Women’s Health is committed to providing teen girls and young women with carefully researched health information.
- Medline Plus
- Medline Plus is a service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health. A comprehensive site offering information about general medical issues as well as age-specific information about children.
- WebMD Parenting
- WebMD Parenting Section. WebMD is a website that provides valuable health information, tools for managing your health, and support to those who seek information.
- Cincinnati Childrens
- Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center patient site
- Cincinnati Childrens Complex Care Center
- The Special Needs Resource Directory, created by the Complex Care Center at Cincinnati Children’s and supported by the Family Resource Center, can help parents, caregivers and healthcare providers identify, evaluate and access necessary services and supports.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Contains comprehensive information on infectious diseases and preventive health.
- Ohio Newborn Screening Program
- The Newborn Screening Program for genetic, endocrine and metabolic disorders identifies newborn babies who may be at risk for one of several serious conditions. If left untreated, these conditions can lead to slow growth, blindness, intellectual disability, and possibly death.
Breastfeeding, Nutrition and Exercise
- Le Leche League International
- Le Leche League International. Their goal is to help mothers worldwide to breastfeed through mother-to-mother support, encouragement, information, and education, and to promote a better understanding of breastfeeding as an important element in the healthy development of the baby and mother.
- The LactMed database contains information on drugs and other chemicals to which breastfeeding mothers may be exposed. It includes information on the levels of such substances in breast milk and infant blood, and the possible adverse effects in the nursing infant.
- Webmd Baby Food Guide
- A starter guide to baby food and nutrition from WebMD.
- Let’s Go! is a nationally recognized childhood obesity prevention program. Their goal is to increase physical activity and healthy eating for children from birth to 18 through policy and environmental change.
- Choose My Plate
- USDA website for healthy eating guidance.
- Fit by WebMD
- Fit from WebMD. A comprehensive suite of resources that will empower children and parents to make healthy lifestyles choices that help prevent childhood obesity.
- The American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry site contains information for families and youth with psychiatric needs.
- Children and Adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD), is a national nonprofit organization that improves the lives of people affected by ADHD through education, advocacy, and support.
- Association for Science in Autism Treatment’s website is a place where parents of individuals with autism can navigate the complex maze that is autism treatment. Learn about what autism is, effective treatment options, and even how to overcome some of the day-to-day challenges that you or your child may experience.
- CDC Vaccine Info
- Vaccine information from the CDC.
- Immunization Action Coalition
- The Immunization Action Coalition provides information for parents about the safety, efficacy, and use of vaccines.
- Voices For Vaccines
- Voices for Vaccines is a parent-led organization that advocates for vaccination and provides parents clear, science-based information about vaccines and vaccine-preventable disease.