ESD Pediatric Group has been recognized by National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCCQA) as a Level 3 Patient Centered Medical Home. Level 3 certification is the highest level of recognition. The providers and staff take great pride in this accomplishment.
You may have heard talk about Patient-Centered Medical Homes, but what exactly is a patient-centered medical home? A patient-centered medical home is a system of care in which a team of health professionals work together to provide all of your child's health care needs. Here at ESD, we use technology such as electronic medical records and the secure patient portal to communicate and coordinate your child's care and provide the best possible outcomes.
Your child is the most important part of a patient-centered medical home. When you take an active role in your child's health and work closely with us, you can be sure that your child is getting the appropriate care.
As your child's medical home, ESD leads the health care team which may include specialized doctors, nurses, health educators, and other health care professionals such as pharmacists or physical therapists. Our team acts as "coaches" who help your child get healthy, stay healthy, and get the care and services which are right for your child. Your child, of course, is at the center of his/her care team.
In a patient-centered medical home, the ESD health team:
- Is available when you need us. You can communicate with us easily and efficiently and get appointments quickly. The secure patient portal allows you to communicate with us 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Knows your child and his/her health history. We know about your personal or family situation and can suggest treatment options that make appropriate medical sense.
- Helps you understand your child's conditions and how to take care of your child. We explain your options and help you make decisions about your child's care.
- Helps you coordinate your child's health care - even if we are not the ones giving you the care. ESD's care coordinator will help you find specialists, get appointments, and make sure specialists have the information they need to care for your child.
- Uses technology such as electronic medical records and share records to help prevent medical errors and make sure that we are always on the same page.
The ESD medical home team looks forward to providing your child with superior patient-centered care!