Practice History for ESD Pediatric Group on Milford and Norwood/Hyde Park OH
The ESD Pediatric Group was started in 1942 by Dr. Gail Englender. Dr. Englender was one of the early women pioneers in Cincinnati Pediatrics. She finished her residency during World War II and immediately began practicing general pediatrics in the Cincinnati “suburb” of Avondale. She was joined in 1963 by Dr. John Sper, and Dr. Ronald Drasnin creating the Englender, Sper & Drasnin Group Practice. All three of the original members of the practice have served as President of Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Staff, most recently Dr. Drasnin in 1989. The group has continued to grow and now includes a total of six board certified pediatricians and four pediatric nurse practitioners.
Our original location was located in Avondale on Reading Road. That location then moved closer to the hospitals on Vernon Place in Mt. Auburn where it remained until 1999. As healthcare, demographics and population trends changed, it became clear that it was time to leave “pill hill” in 1999. In September 1999, the Vernon Place Office became “the Hyde Park Office” when it moved to its first Hyde Park location on the corner of Madison and Edwards Roads in Central Cincinnati. The Hyde Park office experienced tremendous growth leading to a move in 2012 to the Cornerstone at Norwood/Hyde Park Complex. This expansion has allowed the office to grow and meet the needs of its families. This office provides care to a wide variety of socioeconomic groups and is the growth epicenter for the group.
The Milford Office started off as a small office in downtown old Milford, and rapidly grew to be the larger of the two offices. Currently located at 905 Main Street in Milford, this office continues to thrive as the premier private pediatric practice in the area. This office also serves as the administrative and corporate headquarters for the ESD Pediatric Group.