Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) continues to be a concern both nationally and internationally. At ESD, we are actively taking steps to protect our patients, families, and employees. As the situation is continuously evolving, the practice will plan and evolve based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
For the latest information on COVID-19, click the link below.
Recommended actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a face mask.
- CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a face mask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19.
- Face masks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others. The use of face masks is also crucial for health workers and people who are taking care of someone in close settings (at home or in a health care facility).
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
As the CDC and other government officials have stated, go about your business, do not panic and take the appropriate precautions as you would with exposure to to any other virus.
The website will be updated as additional information is released.